The Gretsch G2220 Electromatic JR Jet is a short scale bass guitar with a powerful sound and vintage style.
Gretsch has convinced musicians all over the world with its Electromatic series, a line of high quality instruments at unbeatable prices. Each model features the brand's classic lines, high-quality construction materials and a sound comparable to higher-end instruments.
The Gretsch G2220 bass is a faithful example of the commitment that the American brand has put into this series. The body is in American linden (called basswood), and has the Jet format, one of the most popular and comfortable in this series. The neck is in maple and the fingerboard is in black walnut.
The G2220 Electromatic JR Jet is a short scale bass, meaning it has a smaller neck - 770mm instead of the usual 860mm - which makes it very comfortable and easy to play, especially by younger bassists or musicians. more accustomed to the guitar scale.
Despite the vintage style, the construction is modern and uses high quality synthetic materials for the nut and position markers. The pickguard is in black plexi and features the Gretsch logo in white. The color of this model is a classic Walnut Stain, with a reddish tone.
The G2220 Electromatic JR Jet's sound is powerful, with great presence, thanks to the two Gretsch® Mini Humbucking pickups, controlled by a volume potentiometer and a tone potentiometer, which can be combined or used individually, by selecting one of the three positions on the selector.
Gretsch instruments are authentic in their quest for a bold, dynamic and articulate sound, allowing for effortless technical execution and in any circumstance thanks to the care that the American brand puts into the construction of each of its products.
The Gretsch G2220 Electromatic JR Jet electric bass is a high quality, very affordable model, ideal for multi-faceted musicians and multi-instrumentalists, to be played on stage or to have at your disposal in a recording studio.
- Model: G2220
- Series: Jet
- Color: Walnut Stain
- Body wood: basswood
- Body Shape: Jet
- Neck: maple (maple)
- Neck finish: Glossy Urethane
- Fingerboard: black walnut
- Fingerboard length: 770mm (30.3"")
- Frets: medium jumbo
- Scale radius: 305mm (12")
- Eyelash: synthetic bone
- Nut width: 39.68mm (1.56")
- Position markers: white dots, pearloid
- Neck pickup: Gretsch® Mini Humbucking
- Bridge pickup: Gretsch® Mini Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup selector: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 4 Saddle adjaustable
- Hardware finish: chrome
- Tuning machines: die-cast
- Pickguards: black plexi, with white Gretsch logo
- Control buttons: with G-arrow
- Strings: nickel-plated gauges .045 to .105
- Strap buttons: standard
- Case: G2168 Baritone/Junior Jet™ Bass Gig Bag (not included)