The BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor puts an end to noise in your pedal chain.
When we connect a lot of equipment in series, it is natural to create hum and frequencies that can affect the final sound that you are trying to produce. It was to solve this problem that BOSS created the NS-2 Noise Suppressor, a pedal that does what it says on the box.
The NS-2 Noise Suppressor is connected at the end of the pedal chain and before sending the signal to the amplifier, this pedal suppresses all noise that is not part of the effects you intend to use, maintaining its characteristics and without removing sound quality .
The BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor performs this noise disappearing trick using a unique noise detection circuit, which identifies and separates what the instrument's sound and effects are, clearing the audio signal without losing the music signal.
The NS-2's structure and controls allow you to completely control your chain of effects pedals, with “SEND” input and “RETURN” output dedicated to connecting distortion pedals, compressors or other noise generators, for differentiated treatment and maintenance of your original signal.
The NS-2's controls are very complete and allow you to filter the noise as you wish: the Mode selector enables or disables suppression. The Decay control defines the duration of the sound's decline, and the Threshold defines the sound level at which the pedal starts to act.
In addition to acting as a noise suppressor, the NS-2 can serve as a current feeder for other pedals in series when connected to an adapter and using a parallel cable.
The BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor can be used in any sequence of pedals, whether they are bassists, guitarists or play keys. As it is a BOSS pedal, it resists everything from intensive use to stage life as well as the demands of the road. The NS-2 works with either an adapter or a 9V battery.
BOSS has been one of the most respected brands in the construction of pedals for guitarists for over 40 years, producing some of the most iconic models in the history of music, which have shaped the sound of some of the most important artists of recent decades.
Remove noise to the sound and let your music shine with the BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor.
- Compact noise suppression pedal for eliminating noise and hum in guitar and bass effects and amplifier setups
- Unique noise detection circuit preserves the natural attack and envelope of an instrument's sound
- Threshold and Decay knobs allow for shaping the elimination/suppression as desired
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Output Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Equivalent Input Noise: level-110 dBu or less (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, RETURN Jack, SEND Jack, DC In, Out
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Current Draw: 20 mA (DC 9 V)